HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » Michigan man who accident...

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 07:14 AM

Michigan man who accidentally bought extra lottery ticket wins two $1M prizes

I'd posted and deleted the same story earlier. One reply suggested that all the man had done was split a $2 million prize in two. I don't know squat about the lottery, but after a couple minutes of research, I'm not so sure that's the case. I think if he had only bought one ticket, he would have won "only" $1 million. Not sure, though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michigan-man-who-accidentally-bought-extra-lottery-ticket-wins-two-n1244645

Michigan man who accidentally bought extra lottery ticket wins two $1M prizes

"It took several days for the reality to set in that my mistake had paid off to the tune of $2 million," Samir Mazahem said.

Oct. 24, 2020, 5:32 PM UTC
By Minyvonne Burke

A Michigan man is $2 million richer after he accidentally purchased an extra Mega Millions lottery ticket.

Samir Mazahem, 56, of Dearborn Heights, meant to buy one online ticket for the June 9 drawing so he could play his family's birthdays — 01-05-09-10-23.

After realizing he forgot to save the numbers as favorites so he could play them in the future, Mazahem logged onto the Michigan Lottery app to store them.

“What I didn’t realize is that meant I would be buying a second ticket with the same numbers," he told Michigan Lottery. "Once I figured out I had bought two tickets with identical numbers, I was a little bummed but didn’t think much about it."

[...]

1 replies, 724 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Michigan man who accidentally bought extra lottery ticket wins two $1M prizes (Original post)
sl8 Oct 25 OP
keithbvadu2 Oct 25 #1

Response to sl8 (Original post)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 10:13 PM

1. Well, damn the bad luck! He'll just have to live with it.

Well, damn the bad luck!

He'll just have to live with it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread