HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » Republicans get creative ...

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 11:40 AM

Republicans get creative to make sure Democrats don't win any more elections

Thereís an unfortunate stereotype that conservatives just arenít very creative, probably because theyíre always yammering that the National Endowment for the Arts is a boondoggle and museums would make lovely parking lots.

But you donít have to gaze at the dogs-playing-poker-style paintings of that dude that portrays Donald Trump as a Greek god saving ungrateful humanity to know that right-wingers can be right-brained, too.

Just look at what Republican lawmakers have been up to this year. Following the violent Jan. 6 pro-Trump insurrection in which Vice President Mike Pence likely came close to being murdered and our democracy almost was disappeared like a reporter critical of Vladimir Putin, Michigan Republicans have been either spreading crackpot conspiracy theories about it or pretending the coup attempt never happened at all.

So do you believe that a majority of Republicans who control the Legislature accept that Democrat Joe Biden clearly won the presidency?

Read more: https://www.michiganadvance.com/2021/04/22/susan-j-demas-republicans-get-creative-to-make-sure-democrats-dont-win-any-more-elections/

3 replies, 574 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans get creative to make sure Democrats don't win any more elections (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 22 OP
fwvinson Apr 22 #1
mahina Apr 22 #2
tiredtoo Apr 22 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 11:49 AM

1. Republicans I know are not dumb, but

they are stupid as hell.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to fwvinson (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 12:08 PM

2. What's the difference in your view?

Reply to this post

Response to mahina (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 12:47 PM

3. Well, this is what I found on the internet, for what it's worth

They can be used interchangeably, insofar as they both can mean "silly," or "foolish." Unlike "stupid," "dumb," can also be used in a slightly different way, in the sense of being "mute," "silent," or more likely "inarticulate." I'd say that "stupid" is more to the point.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread