HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » Demonstration at Snyder's...

Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:09 AM

Demonstration at Snyder's home? WDIV reported they'd never get within a half-mile

Sunday 6pm newscast reported there was an agreement between protestors and a melange of cop agencies to get no closer.

No word of this agreement(?) appeared on the channel 4 website. It was not repeated on their 11pm newscast.

Nor on any newscast today prior to the 4pm march.

Channels 2 and 7 never mentioned any prior agreement in either their newscasts or on their websites.

So, ... how'd this journalism fuck-up happen?

3 replies, 1967 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Demonstration at Snyder's home? WDIV reported they'd never get within a half-mile (Original post)
Bozita Jan 2012 OP
JustABozoOnThisBus Jan 2012 #1
JNelson6563 Jan 2012 #2
1gobluedem Jan 2012 #3

Response to Bozita (Original post)

Tue Jan 17, 2012, 10:33 AM

1. Don't know about any agreement

but I saw some video of the gathering on Rachel Maddow's show at 4am (rebroadcast, no doubt). The group was confined to one lane of the street, and was as close as the gatehouse to the governor's gated community. If that was half a mile from the house, it's because of the layout of the gated community. If there was any prior agreement, it was an agreement to not trespass past the gate.

The hoi polloi did not breach the moat.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JustABozoOnThisBus (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:26 PM

2. One of these days I suspect the moat may be breached

And those now feeling safe behind the gates may not feel quite as secure.

Julie

Reply to this post

Response to Bozita (Original post)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 03:20 PM

3. What I wish the media had reported

Is that they never would have marched to his house at all if he was living in the Governor's Mansion, public property that's owned by the taxpayers of the state. But he wouldn't, so they had to make their point by marching to his house.

Nobody in the media ever brought this up but they DID broadcast and print comments about how 'shameful' and 'shocking' this was and what an invasion of privacy. Typical.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread