HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » (D)Jerry Cannon is seekin...

Fri Jan 10, 2014, 11:07 PM

(D)Jerry Cannon is seeking party nomination for Michigan's 1st Congressional district

His campaign website:

“As Congressman, I will be focused like a laser on three things: doing what’s good for the economy, what’s good for this District and getting the middle class a fair shake.”

http://www.jerrycannon.com/

4 replies, 1873 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply (D)Jerry Cannon is seeking party nomination for Michigan's 1st Congressional district (Original post)
Kaleva Jan 2014 OP
Demeter Jan 2014 #1
JNelson6563 Jan 2014 #2
Kaleva Jan 2014 #3
JNelson6563 Jan 2014 #4

Response to Kaleva (Original post)

Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:49 AM

1. ALL People need a fair shake, Jerry

and the Rich need the biggest shaking...so that the money falls out of their pockets, and the fillings out of their teeth...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Kaleva (Original post)

Sat Jan 11, 2014, 11:48 AM

2. Sadly I don't think he'll win.

Two things can happen that both end badly...

1. This race gets on the radar, DNC moves in and calls the shots & and does as crappy a job as they did for McDowell (not a particularly strong candidate) in 2012.

2. This race does not get on the radar and the inexperienced candidate fails to put a machine together that can cover 30+ counties.

Believe me, I hope it turns out I am wrong but none the less I will be putting my meager resources elsewhere. Many battles here in MI and it's high fucking time a Dem held at least ONE of the statewide offices. Or, dare I hope, one of the chambers.

Julie

Reply to this post

Response to JNelson6563 (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 11, 2014, 11:55 AM

3. I think he's got some feathers in his cap that will help make this a competive race.

He's a retired General and a veteran of the Vietnam War and the War in Iraq. Plus he's a retired county sheriff.

Reply to this post

Response to Kaleva (Reply #3)

Sat Jan 11, 2014, 11:57 AM

4. And he was in charge of Gitmo during bad times.

I find that worrisome.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread