HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » Gov. Walz says he'll issu...

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 05:08 PM

Gov. Walz says he'll issue executive order to use National Guard for State Capitol protection

Gov. Walz says he’ll issue executive order to use National Guard for State Capitol protection

During a press conference Tuesday, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz said he will likely issue an executive order to mobilize the National Guard to provide security assistance at the State Capitol.

The governor’s announcement comes after an FBI memo warned of plans for armed protests at all 50 state capitals and in Washington D.C. in the days leading up to the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.

“The plans are in place,” Walz said. “I will probably either later today or early tomorrow be issuing an executive order to use the National Guard for the next several days as we prepare during this specific threat period to make sure that both our Capitol, our citizens and the peaceful transfer of power is done.”

On Monday, Gov. Tony Evers mobilized the National Guard to provide security assistance at the Wisconsin State Capitol in Madison.
https://kstp.com/news/walz-to-visit-american-history-monuments-in-minnesota-encourage-reflection-and-peace/5975262/?cat=1

With the St Croix Co GOP talking about preparing for war I think I will avoid downtown this weekend.

1 replies, 811 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gov. Walz says he'll issue executive order to use National Guard for State Capitol protection (Original post)
sarisataka Jan 2021 OP
OldBaldy1701E Jan 2021 #1

Response to sarisataka (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:22 PM

1. Hopefully

the incoming snow will be delayed a day and they will decide to just stay away.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread