HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » 'Library of the Year' hon...

Mon Jun 8, 2015, 03:21 PM

'Library of the Year' honors for Ferguson

Scott Bonner was already ready to pick up some nice accolades this month for the Ferguson Municipal Public Library.

But add to the honors a big new one: Library of the Year 2015 from Library Journal and Gale, a part of Cengage Learning.

"Library of the Year is a prestigious recognition that goes to a public library that profoundly demonstrates service to community, creativity, leadership and innovation in developing community programs," says a news release from Cengage.

"Nominated by over 100 U.S. library leaders, Ferguson Municipal Public Library was recognized for its outstanding commitment to service and its extraordinary role as community anchor."

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/books-and-literature/book-blog/article_2de9c265-35f5-53a8-b66f-ef6e5726fb0d.html#.VXX2OnLs7pQ.twitter

1 replies, 1036 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Library of the Year' honors for Ferguson (Original post)
Sherman A1 Jun 2015 OP
justhanginon Jun 2015 #1

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Mon Jun 8, 2015, 06:47 PM

1. I used to live in Ferguson and used the library frequently.

It is not a particularly large library but had a good selection of books and friendly personnel. It was within walking distance of my house and was nice walk on pleasant summer day. I am very happy for them and give them my congratulations.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread