HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » Anti-abortion rally in Sp...

Sun Nov 19, 2017, 10:31 PM

Anti-abortion rally in Springfield criticizes McCaskill's support for Planned Parenthood

A group of anti-abortion activists rallied outside Sen. Claire McCaskill's downtown Springfield office Wednesday afternoon to criticize the Missouri Democrat's record.

Students from Ozarks Bible Institute and College in Neosho formed a backdrop for speakers with the Susan B. Anthony List, a politically active anti-abortion network based in Washington, D.C., that says it spent millions "to defeat Hillary Clinton and maintain a pro-life Senate."

Jill Stanek, the national campaign chair of the Susan B. Anthony List, said McCaskill's voting record and views on abortion are not representative of Missourians.

"When it comes to abortion, Senator McCaskill could not be more out of step with her pro-life constituents," said Stanek, of Illinois.

Read more: http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/15/anti-abortion-rally-springfield-criticizes-mccaskills-support-planned-parenthood/867865001/

1 replies, 656 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anti-abortion rally in Springfield criticizes McCaskill's support for Planned Parenthood (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 2017 OP
TheDebbieDee Nov 2017 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Nov 19, 2017, 11:03 PM

1. McCaskill is my Senator and up for re-election next year...

Her last election in 2012, she ran against that stupid former Congressman that coined the term "legitimate rape" and got an extra boost in the polls somehow when Rush Limpballs mocked the tremulous motions of Michael J Fox...

She's a typical red-state Dem who's overly-polite and panders to conservatives because she's hopeful she'll get their votes. She'll throw anything and anyone under the bus at the first hint of trouble or scandal - as I said, I think she's a typical red-state Dem.

I think she could energize Missouri's Dems and progressives to come out and vote for her in overwhelming numbers if she would stop playing the middle of the road, pander to conservatives game...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread