HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » Ellisville city council a...

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 06:12 AM

Ellisville city council approves new Walmart but Mayor Paul plans to fight

(KMOV) – On Tuesday, Ellisville City Council gave the final approval to the tax break plan which would bring a new Walmart to the area although the mayor was not happy.

The mayor vowed to fight the Walmart until the doors opened after the close 4-3 vote approved the $11 million in tax breaks to build the super center.

The attorney for Sansone Developers faced the council and laid out the consequences if they didn’t issue the tax break money for the Walmart development right across Manchester Road from City Hall.

“Anytime someone is leveling substantial individual lawsuits and you’re an elected official, that doesn’t pass the smell test for me,” Paul added.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Ellisville-Council-approves-new-Walmart-but-Mayor-Paul-plans-to-fight--213249921.html

2 replies, 1349 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ellisville city council approves new Walmart but Mayor Paul plans to fight (Original post)
Sherman A1 Jun 2013 OP
gordianot Jun 2013 #1
Sherman A1 Jun 2013 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:00 AM

1. This is an important story if you are an elected official you cannot change a vote or be sued.

Government by intimidation even if they do not break your legs they go after your wallet.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gordianot (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:07 AM

2. Precisely

I believe the developer was pretty much just openly intimidating this City Council and that is frankly more than a bit scary.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread