HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » New Mexico (Group) » New Mexico postpones high...

Fri Jul 10, 2020, 01:16 AM

New Mexico postpones high school fall contact sports

LAS CRUCES New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham announced Thursday that contact sports will not be permitted this fall at the high school level.

The postponement includes both football and soccer for now, although the briefing also stated that non-contact sports such as volleyball and cross country are under review and will "likely" have delayed starts to seasons.

Lujan Grisham didn't rule out the possibility of modifying said sports' schedules to resume in the spring either with the contingency that schools are reopened at that time.

"It was a little bit expected," Las Cruces football head coach Mark Lopez said. "We've had conversations about this for a couple of weeks... I felt like this gave us a better opportunity to keep everybody safe and also play a full season in the spring, so that's what I'm still looking forward to."

Read more: https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sports/college/nmsu/2020/07/09/new-mexico-governor-postpones-high-school-fall-contact-sports/5410426002/

1 replies, 573 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply New Mexico postpones high school fall contact sports (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2020 OP
dhill926 Jul 2020 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri Jul 10, 2020, 01:56 AM

1. like a slow rolling wave...all the states will follow...

they have to. Football...marching band...just plain school for that matter...it's gonna suck for a while...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread