HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » SB 5 battle isnít hurting...

Sun Oct 19, 2014, 07:27 PM

SB 5 battle isnít hurting Gov. Kasich

Just so depressing....

SB 5 battle isnít hurting Gov. Kasich
By Darrel Rowland
The Columbus Dispatch
Sunday October 19, 2014

George Edge of Grove City and Judy McLaughlin of Canton both voted against Senate Bill 5 in a statewide referendum nearly three years ago.

Both had union members in their household when they opposed the law, which would have stripped many collective-bargaining rights from about 360,000 state and local government workers.

But now both say they are voting for the re-election of Gov. John Kasich, even though he led the campaign to pass the measure.

The two voters are part of a modern political phenomenon in Ohio: the turnaround from a 62 percent to 38 percent defeat of the collective-bargaining law in November 2011 to an apparent runaway victory for Kasich coming on Nov. 4....

MORE at http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/10/19/sb-5-battle-isnt-hurting-gov--kasich.html

2 replies, 1276 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply SB 5 battle isnít hurting Gov. Kasich (Original post)
theHandpuppet Oct 2014 OP
OBblueMeanie Oct 2014 #1
Corey_Baker08 Oct 2014 #2

Response to theHandpuppet (Original post)

Sun Oct 19, 2014, 07:36 PM

1. Sadly,

this is not surprising. I am from Cleveland. Ed FitzGerald blew it big time, including getting caught in the wee hours in his car with a woman not his wife. He was not ready for prime time. I held my nose and voted for him anyway. Kasich is not as bad as Walker, Scott, and Perry, but bad enough.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OBblueMeanie (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 22, 2014, 02:44 AM

2. I Think Kasich Is Setting Up For A 2016 Presidential Run...

I cannot figure out how these type of people could support him. I believe the only reason he expanded Medicaid under the ACA is because he is up for re-election as Governor, and wants the state of Ohio behind him in the 2016 primaries and general election so he thought expanding Medicaid would suddenly win him the support of those living in poverty here in Ohio.

Unfortunately Kasich as a presidential candidate, ecspecially as the Republican nominee scares the hell out of me at this point...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread