HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Cavs owner Dan Gilbert ki...

Mon Aug 28, 2017, 07:58 PM

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert kills deal to renovate Quicken Loans Arena

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Cleveland Cavaliers owner Daniel Gilbert has killed the $140 million deal to renovate Quicken Loans Arena.

Gilbert folded his cards and walked away following a months-long battle over financing and a vote that could have resulted in a denial of Cleveland's proposed support of the project.

The move comes eight months after the Cavs announced the planned transformation of the arena, aimed at making the 22-year-old building competitive by creating more space for dining, bars and public gathering.

Community groups opposed spending tax money on the upgrades. And 18 days ago, the Ohio Supreme Court ordered Cleveland City Council Clerk Pat Britt to accept referendum petitions submitted by a coalition that opposes Cleveland's use of tax dollars for the upgrades.

Read more: http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga-county/index.ssf/2017/08/cavs_owner_dan_gilbert_kills_deal_to_renovate_quicken_loans_arena.html

2 replies, 1589 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cavs owner Dan Gilbert kills deal to renovate Quicken Loans Arena (Original post)
TexasTowelie Aug 2017 OP
johnsonsnap Aug 2017 #1
MichMan Aug 2017 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Aug 28, 2017, 08:04 PM

1. I have three customers that use Chicken...

and that crappy company Intuit can't get the accountant login to work. QuickBooks used to be great, but now that it is online, Intuit just doesn't give a damn. Their tax returns were due March 15, but I'm still not able to login.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to johnsonsnap (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 28, 2017, 08:13 PM

2. Gilbert bought Quicken Loans it back from Intuit in 2002 nm

Last edited Tue Aug 29, 2017, 06:14 PM - Edit history (1)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread