HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Ohio's republican SOS, Hu...

Sun Aug 19, 2012, 06:21 PM

Ohio's republican SOS, Husted suspends two Democrats on Montgomery Co. Election Board

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/husted-suspends-democrats-on-montgomery-county-boa/nRDx5/

snip>

DAYTON —

The two Democrats on the Montgomery County Board of Elections were suspended by Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted on Friday after they refused to back down in a standoff over extending in-person early voting hours for the upcoming election.

Dennis Lieberman and Tom Ritchie Sr. must appear at a hearing at 9 a.m. Monday in Columbus to decide whether they will be removed from office.

“You leave me no choice but to begin the process necessary to remove you as members of the Montgomery County Board of Elections,” Husted’s letter to the pair said.

Ohioans start voting Oct. 2 and the debate over hours for in-person absentee voting (commonly called early voting) has been gaining steam for weeks in county boards of election across the state, all of which are made up of two Democrats and two Republicans.

end>

Dennis Lieberman is a well known defense lawyer, former chairman of Montgomery County Democratic Party and is the husband of County Commissioner Debbie Lieberman.

Dennis is a good man.... Husted is also from the Dayton area....He appears to be trying to surpass the crimes and misdemeanors of his mentor and former SOS Ken Blackwell.

4 replies, 2123 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ohio's republican SOS, Husted suspends two Democrats on Montgomery Co. Election Board (Original post)
FarPoint Aug 2012 OP
zbdent Aug 2012 #1
FarPoint Aug 2012 #2
FarPoint Aug 2012 #3
FarPoint Aug 2012 #4

Response to FarPoint (Original post)

Sun Aug 19, 2012, 07:31 PM

1. Wasn't there some sort of anamolous weather incident in 2004 which caused a bunch of

Republican votes to be counted late in Ohio? You know, the type that nearby precincts didn't have or report as being strange?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to zbdent (Reply #1)

Sun Aug 19, 2012, 07:45 PM

2. I recall many shenanigans back then

many democratic precincts in the Columbus area only had two voting machines during a Presidential election. Some waited until midnight to vote...cold, raining....

Reply to this post

Response to FarPoint (Original post)

Mon Aug 20, 2012, 08:57 PM

3. Ed Schultz just did a segment on this very issue.

This may grow legs. Msybe Dennis will get an interview!

Reply to this post

Response to FarPoint (Reply #3)

Tue Aug 21, 2012, 12:33 PM

4. Dennis and Tom did a fantastic segment on Rachel Maddows!

If there is a video clip ...please post. I'm at work and cannot search just yet. The segment was excellent ...moving and motivating.

I'm so proud of Dennis ....a fine leader!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread