HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Here's what DeWine and Co...

Thu Oct 4, 2018, 07:39 PM

Here's what DeWine and Cordray talked about during the cleveland.com editorial board meeting

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Put Richard Cordray and Mike DeWine in a room together, and they're bound to fight over just about everything.

That's the way it was on Thursday during a cleveland.com/Plain Dealer editorial board meeting featuring Cordray, a Democrat; DeWine, a Republican; and Travis Irvine, the Libertarian Party nominee for governor.

Through the 90-minute sitdown, Cordray and DeWine argued about nearly every topic that came up -- health care, local government funding and criminal justice reform, just to name a few.

Pre-existing conditions

Insurance protection for people with pre-existing conditions has become arguably the most prominent issue in the governor’s race – as in other races across the state.

Read more: https://www.cleveland.com/expo/news/erry-2018/10/982bd638394960/heres-what-mike-dewine-and-ric.html#incart_river_index

3 replies, 475 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Here's what DeWine and Cordray talked about during the cleveland.com editorial board meeting (Original post)
TexasTowelie Oct 2018 OP
CaliforniaPeggy Oct 2018 #1
irisblue Oct 2018 #2
Ohiogal Oct 2018 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Oct 4, 2018, 07:45 PM

1. Sure hope Richard Cordray wins.

He was first brought to my attention by my late friend WCGreen, who knew him from his time as a page in the Ohio statehouse.

He is ethical and smart and that's good enough for me. Plus he's a Democrat.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 4, 2018, 08:02 PM

2. I listened to the townhall style debate between Cordray & DeWine on 10/2

I felt that Cordray did well, but there wasn't a knockout by Cordray. The Columbus Dispatch Editorial endorsement was a true suprise. There isn't anything for an endorsement at any level at current

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2018, 08:53 PM

3. I'm seeing Cordray yard signs in my area

Haven't seen ONE for de Wine.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread