HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Cincinnati area had 24 ov...

Sun Jul 28, 2019, 05:50 AM

Cincinnati area had 24 overdoses in 24 hours

The greater Cincinnati area had 24 overdose calls and seven hospitalizations on Friday.

The discrepancy between the number of overdose calls and people who are hospitalized may be because many who are revived choose not to go to the hospital.

Tom Synan, Newton police chief and a member the Hamilton County Heroin Coalition, said the coalition is aware of the increase and will continue to monitor the numbers. No emergency alert has been issued.

Many areas of Ohio have been experiencing overdoses surges since about April. Spikes often occur on weekends, and Synan says it's because of fentanyl.

Read more: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/07/27/cincinnati-area-had-24-overdoses-24-hours/1846992001/

1 replies, 404 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cincinnati area had 24 overdoses in 24 hours (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2019 OP
greymattermom Jul 2019 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Jul 28, 2019, 07:13 AM

1. My son has a family member in Cincinnati who recently had to give up her daughter

because she relapsed. Again. So many times, it's a life lost, and she's still in her 20s. My son and the baby's grandmother have custody. The child will also be affected by being raised without a mother or father.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread