HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » After violent hazing invo...

Mon Sep 2, 2019, 11:28 PM

After violent hazing involving a spiked paddle, Miami University frat suspended until 2034

Miami University has suspended a fraternity involved in violent hazing for 15 years, the harshest such penalty ever imposed by the university.

Members of Delta Tau Delta hit students with a spiked paddle, kicked them, spit on them and forced them to smoke marijuana and drink substantial amounts of alcohol, according to a report released earlier this year.

Delta Tau Delta has been suspended at least twice by MU officials since 2000.

Claire Wagner, a university spokeswoman, wrote by email that the fraternity violated the Miami University Code of Conduct.

Read more: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/08/28/miami-university-suspends-delta-tau-delta-hazing-until-2034/2141759001/

3 replies, 603 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply After violent hazing involving a spiked paddle, Miami University frat suspended until 2034 (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 2 OP
elleng Sep 2 #1
dawg day Sep 2 #2
TlalocW Sep 2 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Sep 2, 2019, 11:40 PM

1. GOOD,

about time! Entirely too many fraternities there, the 'mother of fraternities.'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Sep 2, 2019, 11:43 PM

2. Where do they come up with these "Rituals"?

I'm glad the college I went to didn't have any "Greek" organizations, so I didn't kind of unwittingly wander into joining one and becoming part of that culture.

It sounds so... Brett Kavanaugh. "I like beer! I like abusing and humiliating people!"

Reply to this post

Response to dawg day (Reply #2)

Mon Sep 2, 2019, 11:49 PM

3. I was proud to be a GDI :)

Some of my fellow freshmen classmates pledged, and I guess part of it was looking for more recruits, and they knocked on my door in the dorms while I was napping one rainy Saturday afternoon. They had their paddles that they had to get other brothers to sign or whatever, and they were so hopeful when I opened the door, and I just went, "Ha-ha-ha-ha... no." And shut the door and went back to my nap.

TlalocW

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread