HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Ohio's voter purge is one...

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 08:50 AM

Ohio's voter purge is one big mess.

Hey, ho, what a mess, Ohio.

So itís all fine and dandy until MAGAt voters start getting purged? Ho ho.

Ohioís experience shows how just one software glitch, like the one that canceled Gedraitisí registration, could remove hundreds or thousands of eligible voters from the rolls.

In the runup to the pivotal 2020 election, controversies emerged over purges in other high-stakes states where some fear a few thousand ballots could flip the vote. Georgia removed 300,000 registrations last year. Wisconsin is locked in a court battle over whether it must strip 200,000 names.

Across the nation, states canceled some 17.3 million registrations between the 2016 presidential election and the 2018 midterms, according to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2020/01/22/errors-ohio-voter-registration-purge-prompt-call-change/4490821002/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Columbus%20Dispatch%20todays-news%202020-01-23&utm_content=COLD_CD&utm_term=012320

3 replies, 605 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ohio's voter purge is one big mess. (Original post)
Ohiogal Jan 2020 OP
Alliepoo Jan 2020 #1
True Blue American Jan 2020 #2
liberal N proud Jan 2020 #3

Response to Ohiogal (Original post)

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 08:53 AM

1. I'd say Ohio is one big mess...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Alliepoo (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 09:33 AM

2. This guy

Along with Kenneth Blackwell who gave us Diebold voting machines started this mess.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_A._Husted

Husted had lied about living in Kettering. Voters were ready to kick him out. He moved up.

Between Husted and John Boehner we have the worst gerrymandered Districts ever.

Reply to this post

Response to Ohiogal (Original post)

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 09:42 PM

3. There is a reason Ohio is a target for voter protections

Every election masses of lawyers and lay people land in Ohio to monitor the election.

They enlist locals to become poll observers and to stand up up to out of control election workers.

When I lived in Ohio, I served in the polls for a elections from 2000 to 2016 except the 2008 when I was with the Obama campaign.

Ohio elections are fucked up

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread