HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Will Larry Householder's ...

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 06:10 AM

Will Larry Householder's $60 million GOP scandal hand Ohio to Biden? Democrat s hope so. Experts say

Will Larry Householder's $60 million GOP scandal hand Ohio to Biden? Dems hope so. Experts say not so fast

Polls already indicated Donald Trump has lost support in Ohio, a key state he won by eight percentage points in 2016.

Democrats hope the arrest of Republican Speaker of the House Larry Householder and top Republican operatives might put the state, and therefore the White House, out of reach for the president.

The $60 million racketeering and bribery investigation that resulted in the arrest of Householder and four others is one of the largest money laundering cases in state history.

Democrats have wasted no time trying to capitalize on the scandal, asking Ohioans to send a message by voting for their ticket, from Joe Biden on down to local offices.

Read more: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/22/election-2020-could-republican-scandal-cost-trump-ohio/5485309002/

7 replies, 774 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Will Larry Householder's $60 million GOP scandal hand Ohio to Biden? Democrat s hope so. Experts say (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2020 OP
DeminPennswoods Jul 2020 #1
jorgevlorgan Jul 2020 #4
DeminPennswoods Jul 2020 #7
jimfields33 Jul 2020 #2
True Blue American Jul 2020 #3
philf99 Jul 2020 #5
Demsrule86 Jul 2020 #6

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 06:24 AM

1. Does this scandal have a chance to flip 1 or both houses

of the Ohio state legislature?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DeminPennswoods (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 07:27 AM

4. That's probably the more important question.

My guess is yes, but we will see.

Reply to this post

Response to jorgevlorgan (Reply #4)

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 11:22 AM

7. I think Ohio state lege districts are pretty

gerrymandered like they are here in PA, but in 2018, PA Dems net gained 11 seats in the state house and 6 in the state senate, which wiped out a GOP super majority. Rs still control both houses, but it's a lot closer that it was.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 06:38 AM

3. I certainly hope so!

I love how Mike DeWine is still for that billion dollar pay out to First Energy, coal companies and aging nuclear plants.

That bill set Ohio back by decades on clean energy because it changed the laws, reverted back!

But good old Honest Abe DeWine had no idea all the corruption was going on. I had to wonder how in the world Mike won against Richard Cordray who is head and shoulders above Mike? Now I know!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ohio-governor-election-results-mike-dewine-vs-richard-cordray.html

Householder dirty money permeated the whole election. The Ohio Republican Party is corrupt down to their toenails.

My candidate , Dan Foley was ahead until they ran a lying ad accusing him of being drunk. Not true. Smith is not running for some reason.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 07:41 AM

5. Biden signs

I know that yard signs isnít the most scientific way to determine a candidates support. But I am seeing way more Biden signs than trump signs. This in a swing Ohio country the in 2016 went for trump by almost 15 points. This was before the news of republican corruption

Reply to this post

Response to philf99 (Reply #5)

Thu Jul 23, 2020, 08:56 AM

6. I am a strong Biden supporter but in my former town...a couple of dogs were poisoned

and the dogs had been threatened because of Hillary signs...so I am afraid to put out a sign...but let me tell you nothing will stop me from voting for Biden. In fact, hubs and I will early vote or vote in person so as not to give Trump his 'mail in ballots are corrupt', bullshit talking points. We will mask up and march into the precinct and do our constitutional duty and remove Donald Trump Fascist murderer that he is.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread