HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Conservative lawmakers wa...

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 08:52 AM

Conservative lawmakers want to impeach Gov. Mike DeWine over COVID-19 response

Oh ffs. Can Ohioís gerrymandered repukes get any dumber.

COLUMBUS - Some of Ohioís most conservative lawmakers want to impeach Gov. Mike DeWine over how heís handled the novel coronavirus.

Discontent brewing since DeWine ordered polls closed in March came to a head Monday morning. Several GOP lawmakers drafted articles of impeachment against DeWine, who is also a Republican.

But even Rep. John Becker, R-Union Township in Clermont County, who is championing the effort to oust DeWine, said DeWineís detractors donít have enough votes to remove the governor right now.

According to the Ohio Constitution, the Ohio House of Representatives has the sole power of impeachment. A majority of lawmakers there would need to support the effort for DeWine to be impeached.

Then, lawmakers in the Ohio Senate would preside over a trial. Two-thirds of the Senate would have to vote to convict the governor.

The chances of DeWine actually being removed are slim, but Ohioís most conservative lawmakers are making a statement: They donít like the way the governor is running the state.

More...

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200824/conservative-lawmakers-want-to-impeach-gov-mike-dewine-over-covid-19-response?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Columbus%20Dispatch%20breaking-news%202020-08-2413:39:38&utm_content=COLD_CD&utm_term=082420

11 replies, 978 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Conservative lawmakers want to impeach Gov. Mike DeWine over COVID-19 response (Original post)
Ohiogal Aug 2020 OP
Laelth Aug 2020 #1
Alliepoo Aug 2020 #6
Thomas Hurt Aug 2020 #2
Iliyah Aug 2020 #3
Alliepoo Aug 2020 #5
ladym55 Aug 2020 #10
Alliepoo Aug 2020 #4
irisblue Aug 2020 #7
Botany Aug 2020 #8
Dreampuff Aug 2020 #9
ladym55 Aug 2020 #11

Response to Ohiogal (Original post)

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 08:54 AM

1. Wow! That's stupid.

What happened to Ohio?

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Laelth (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 09:10 AM

6. Gerrymandering and the rise of white wing idiocy.

Thatís what has happened to Ohio. It sickens me.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 08:55 AM

2. So their beef is not enough people I dying I suppose?

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 08:56 AM

3. Can't make this stuff up . ..

seriously?

Reply to this post

Response to Iliyah (Reply #3)

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 09:08 AM

5. These jerks have been after Dewine this entire time

Working against everything good heís tried to do in regard to covid. Donít get me wrong-Iím not a fan of Dewine at all but I will give him props for his efforts. These asses are also a cause of Dr Amy stepping down. And I believe this faction is behind Dewine not making masks mandatory earlier on-he was walking a line between the health of Ohio and appeasing these jerks. They are stupid and vicious and they donít give a flying freak about doing whatís best for all Ohioans, they are nasty tea party idiots in the same camp as Gym Jordan.

Reply to this post

Response to Alliepoo (Reply #5)

Tue Aug 25, 2020, 03:43 PM

10. You are spot on, Alliepoo

All the ground that Ohio has lost since the spring, the resignation of Dr. Acton, the rush to open, the stupidity about wearing masks ---all connect to the right-wing numbnuts in the legislature. Apparently to be a Republican in Ohio one must be an absolute moron at all times.

I have lived in Ohio almost my entire adult life and have watched the state devolve into knuckle-dragging illiterates.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 08:58 AM

4. And if Ohio can ever get rid of the ridiculous

Gerrymandering, we can show these assholes that we donít like the way THEY are running the state. So freaking sick and tired of the hellhole that Ohio has become.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 09:30 AM

7. I am good with them shivving each other.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 09:32 AM

8. Watch Fox News, Listen to Rush, and get your social media info from Vlad Putin and this is what ....

.... you get.

Ohio has become home to some real crazy ass nut balls. "They" chased Amy Acton from her office.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 24, 2020, 09:35 AM

9. Not from

Anywhere near Ohio, but I have seen your governor on talk shows and he is one awesome guy. At least he has the brains to believe that coronavirus is real and he's well aware of the fact that there are repercussions for being sensible in the climate he is in.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 25, 2020, 03:44 PM

11. In answer to your initial statement ...

Yes, Ohio's repukes can get dumber ... and they will. There is no bar too low.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread