HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Rob Portman: Useless, spi...

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 07:36 AM

Rob Portman: Useless, spineless, brainless toady!

And those are the nicest things I can think of to call him!

Rob Portman believes Trump didn’t call veterans ‘losers’

Sen. Rob Portman wasn’t convinced by The Atlantic story last week that cited four anonymous sources claiming President Donald Trump referred to American war dead as “suckers” and “losers.”

Trump denies he made these comments. Portman, a Republican from Terrace Park, on Wednesday in a conference call to reporters wasn’t inclined to challenge the president.

“I don’t know how you renounce comments that people say didn’t occur,” Portman said. “There are a couple of anonymous sources, as I understand it, saying one thing. Then you have the president and many others on the record saying it is false.”

He was then pressed on whether he believes Trump called American veterans killed in war ‘suckers’ and ‘losers?’

“Do you?” Portman said. “I mean, I just think it’s one of these things where you have some anonymous sources somebody has come up with and then you have people who were there on the record saying it didn’t happen. What I do know is that under President Trump we have restored our military.”

More

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200909/rob-portman-believes-trump-didnt-call-veterans-losers?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Columbus%20Dispatch%20politics%202020-09-10&utm_content=COLD_CD&utm_term=091020

8 replies, 669 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rob Portman: Useless, spineless, brainless toady! (Original post)
Ohiogal Sep 2020 OP
Ninga Sep 2020 #1
Ohiogal Sep 2020 #2
Ninga Sep 2020 #3
Ohiogal Sep 2020 #4
ladym55 Sep 2020 #7
JohnnyRingo Sep 2020 #5
Ohiogal Sep 2020 #6
ladym55 Sep 2020 #8

Response to Ohiogal (Original post)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:00 AM

1. Preach it sister! Boot Portman! It's long past time we in Ohio have a woman Senator.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ninga (Reply #1)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:04 AM

2. Amen, sister!

And I can think of some good candidates. But you know those rural Neanderthals won’t vote for no woomin.

Unless she’s purrrty and loves guns ....

Reply to this post

Response to Ohiogal (Reply #2)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:10 AM

3. I know! Questionable if Ohio will come through for Biden/Harris.....

Reply to this post

Response to Ninga (Reply #3)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:12 AM

4. It's going to be really close here

In my mind,,Biden should take it by a landslide, but we sure have our share of pig headed dum dums here.

Reply to this post

Response to Ohiogal (Reply #4)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 11:13 AM

7. That is a polite way to put it

My feelings about many of my fellow Ohioans involve so many expletives it's not funny. But "pig headed dum dums" actually makes me laugh, and that is a plus.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 08:32 AM

5. Portman has got to go.

I don't know how Ohio produces two polar opposite senators like Rob Portman and Sherrod Brown.
It's like we're schizo.

Reply to this post

Response to JohnnyRingo (Reply #5)

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 09:06 AM

6. Ohio IS schizo, Johnny

Half of us are sane and normal

The other half are cuckoo and delusional

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 10, 2020, 11:19 AM

8. I used to view Senator "Call Me Rob" Portman as an annoyance

But his spineless, consistent lying HAS RESULTED IN THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS DYING. (Not like I'm wound up today or anything ...) And so what if Woodward has Donny on tape calling his generals pu$$ies, can't be true, am I right? I have been (not very) patiently waiting for any word from Senator "Call Me Rob" on the Russian bounties put on the lives of American soldiers. Crickets.

But I guess with his nose up Mitch's butt, life is good for the Portman family and their friends. The rest of us have never mattered. Too bad Ohioans will all troop to the polls in 2022 and vote for the despicable creature whose ads show him in shirtsleeves like the common folk.
(I think I've run out of emojis ...)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread