HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Republicans ask for inves...

Sun Mar 18, 2018, 09:58 AM

Republicans ask for investigation of voting 'irregularities' in special election

After Tuesday's dead-heat special election with major political ramifications for both sides, the Pennsylvania Republican Party wants an investigation.

The party is asking the Department of State to investigate "a number of irregularities" in the 18th District special election, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting.

Democrat Conor Lamb won by a narrow margin over Republican Rick Saccone in the special election in the Pittsburgh-area district. It was an election that tested President Donald Trump's sway in what is traditionally a GOP stronghold.

But in a letter dated Friday from attorney Joel Frank, the Republicans outlined five areas of concern, ranging from calls about voting machine errors to confusion about polling places, the Post-Gazette is reporting.

Department of State officials are reviewing the letter.

Elections officials said there had been a few problems reported, but they were addressed quickly.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf told the Post-Gazette he does not believe there were any irregularities with the congressional election, and he believes Lamb won.

The letter states the Republican party received numerous complaints about voters not appearing on the voter rolls, being denied the ability to cast provisional ballots, and being directed to the incorrect polling place, the Post-Gazette is reporting.

Link: http://www.pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/03/republicans_ask_voting_irregul.html

Whole article posted.

5 replies, 1037 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans ask for investigation of voting 'irregularities' in special election (Original post)
modrepub Mar 2018 OP
JDC Mar 2018 #1
Freddie Mar 2018 #2
YessirAtsaFact Mar 2018 #3
concreteblue Mar 2018 #4
DeminPennswoods Mar 2018 #5

Response to modrepub (Original post)

Sun Mar 18, 2018, 10:02 AM

1. Of course they are.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Mar 18, 2018, 10:04 AM

2. They can't win without cheating

Chapter 147.
And they have absolutely no scruples about cheating.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 18, 2018, 10:23 AM

3. And the repugnant goons accuse dems of cheating

While the repugnant goons cheat like crazy.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 18, 2018, 03:30 PM

4. Am I the only one

I am I the only one who noticed this:
"The letter states the Republican party received numerous complaints about voters not appearing on the voter rolls, "
Because the Dems are so well known for purging voter rolls, amirite!!!11!!!???

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 18, 2018, 07:59 PM

5. If some voters were confused perhaps it is because

of GOP gerrymandering that, for ex, divided Monroeville into 3 different CDs (incl the old 18th) and other packing and cracking techniques.

If voters didn't appear on the rolls, I'm sure they were given a chance to vote by provisional ballot or were directed to the correct precinct/polling place (happens more often than one would think) by the election board. When I was a judge of elections, we almost always figured out why a person wasn't listed in our poll book and resolved the problem so the voter could cast a ballot.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread