HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Will Kane run for governo...

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 09:24 PM

Will Kane run for governor?

Will Kane run for governor? Fundraiser renews speculation

By Brad Bumsted

Published: Friday, November 8, 2013 2:33 p.m.
Updated 20 hours ago

HARRISBURG An upcoming fundraiser for Attorney General Kathleen Kane renews speculation about whether she intends to seek the Democratic nomination for governor next year.

Tickets for the Nov. 18 event at Stocks on 2nd, a restaurant a short walk from the state Capitol, range from $500 for an individual to $10,000 for a fundraising chair.

Kane did not respond to requests for comment.

Since taking office in January, Kane has downplayed suggestions that she will enter a crowded field from which the May Democratic primary winner will emerge to take on Republican Gov. Tom Corbett next November.

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/5003148-74/kane-political-run#ixzz2kCY2pHOK

from femmocrat: I hope she isn't considering a run this time. I really want to see her go after Corbett (although I don't think she will) and keep fighting for us in Hbg.

8 replies, 3836 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Will Kane run for governor? (Original post)
femmocrat Nov 2013 OP
gelsdorf Nov 2013 #1
femmocrat Nov 2013 #2
TlalocW Nov 2013 #3
Lugnut Nov 2013 #4
blue neen Nov 2013 #5
femmocrat Nov 2013 #7
Pat Riot Nov 2013 #6
JPZenger Nov 2013 #8

Response to femmocrat (Original post)

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 10:17 PM

1. I agree, I would rather her clean up Tommy boys mess,

THEN run against Toomey

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gelsdorf (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 10:27 PM

2. Yes!

Sounds like a great plan --- unless we get a really great democrat for governor next time.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 11:01 PM

3. The Pro Wrestler?

He's a strong libertarian from what I've heard, but I'd vote for him for the novelty factor.

TlalocW

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 10, 2013, 03:14 AM

4. I'd be surprised if she did.

She's been doing a fine job as AG in PA. Her illegal drug task force agents have been making a lot of busts in this area and she has another task force working on The Corbett/Sandusky situation. She's been a thorn in Corbett's side along with Rob McCord who has refused to approve funding for Corbett's follies. I hope she stays right where she is for the time being.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 10, 2013, 05:33 PM

5. An aside: Brad Bumsted (article author)

He's the biggest whiner in Pittsburgh-based media. He's been doing Dickie Scaife's dirty work for a long time.

As for the governor's race, I just want the strongest candidate, whoever that may be. Pennsylvania cannot take another 4 years of Tom Corbett and his Republican enablers in the State Congress. This state should be declared a disaster area because of them.

Reply to this post

Response to blue neen (Reply #5)

Sun Nov 10, 2013, 09:54 PM

7. True.... he could just be muddying the waters.

There are several really great democrats who could challenge Corbett. I am kind of leaning toward McCord at this point just based on name recognition.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 10, 2013, 07:35 PM

6. Anybody know how the Sandusky-Corbett investigation is going?

It would be great if we had something on that before the election, no matter who runs.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 12:18 PM

8. No, she is only 47. She has time to build up a popular reputation and an organization.

The activists like her, but she's new to the world of most voters. She is young enough to wait until she has a very good chance of succeeding.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread