HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Kathleen Kane to face tri...

Mon Aug 24, 2015, 05:46 PM

Kathleen Kane to face trial for perjury and other charges:

Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane will face a criminal trial on charges of leaking confidential information, then lying about it under oath and ordering a subordinate to spy on the investigation into her actions, a judge ruled Monday.

After a hearing in Norristown at which prosecutors outlined their case against Kane, Magisterial Judge Cathleen Kelly Rebar said there was enough evidence to hold Kane for a full trial.

Prosecutors say Kane broke the law by orchestrating a leak to a newspaper reporter in a bid to embarrass a foe. Using excerpts from Kane's testimony before the grand jury that investigated that leak, prosecutors attempted to show that the attorney general lied about her actions when questioned under oath.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150825_Kane_to_appear_in_court_to_face_criminal_charges.html#zR7IxJcm5Oy6tqJ1.99

If convicted of perjury, she could face up to seven years behind bars.

3 replies, 1260 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kathleen Kane to face trial for perjury and other charges: (Original post)
femmocrat Aug 2015 OP
randys1 Aug 2015 #1
femmocrat Aug 2015 #2
marble falls Aug 2015 #3

Response to femmocrat (Original post)

Mon Aug 24, 2015, 05:50 PM

1. Railroaded

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to randys1 (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 24, 2015, 05:51 PM

2. I hope she can weather this.

I remember when we pinned our hopes on her.

Reply to this post

Response to femmocrat (Original post)

Tue Aug 25, 2015, 01:28 AM

3. I'd expect this sort of thing from a Republican. It looks like she actually did what she's accused..

of. But at least its not a violent crime or or some sort of theft. Its sad she let her anger get the best of her judgement.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread