HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Carolina (Group) » Want to avoid hours-long ...

Thu Jan 17, 2019, 08:23 AM

Want to avoid hours-long lines at DMV? Get your REAL ID now, South Carolina officials warn

COLUMBIA, SC -- South Carolinians are not lining up to get the stateís new driverís license and identification card. That has some officials worried about hours-long lines next year at the 66 offices of the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles, lawmakers were told Wednesday.

ďIím betting on six-hour lines because people arenít coming in,Ē Motor Vehicles chief Kevin Shwedo told S.C. House members.

South Carolinians planning to take a domestic flight or enter a federal building or military installation after Sept. 30, 2020, will be required to show the stateís new driverís license and ID card, called a REAL ID.

The new $25 cards, with a gold star in the right-hand corner, are available at all 66 locations of Motor Vehicles or online at scdmvonline.com.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article224613670.html

1 replies, 480 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Want to avoid hours-long lines at DMV? Get your REAL ID now, South Carolina officials warn (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jan 2019 OP
liberal N proud Jan 2019 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:13 PM

1. Here is what pisses me off...

I got a new ID/license last year, they had the real id then but did not offer it. My current license is good for 10 years. But now I have to go drop another 25 for the real ID 1 year later.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread