HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Carolina (Group) » South Carolina fails to p...

Sat May 14, 2022, 04:41 AM

South Carolina fails to pick official state flag again this year. Here's what happened

South Carolina will have to make do without an official flag for at least another year after state lawmakers failed to pick one this legislative session.

A bill for a proposed official state flag remained stuck on the Senate calendar this session and never even made it to a vote. The bill faced its main opposition from Sen. Brad Hutto, D-Orangeburg, who also stood against setting an official flag last year.

We have a state flag, its been that way for 250 years weve got one of the most recognizable flags in the nation, Hutto said on Friday.

Attempts to reach Sen. Ronnie Cromer, R-Newberry, the bills sponsor, were unsuccessful Friday.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article261414857.html#storylink=cpy

4 replies, 661 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply South Carolina fails to pick official state flag again this year. Here's what happened (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 14 OP
OldBaldy1701E May 14 #1
Shermann May 14 #2
Ferrets are Cool May 14 #3
OldBaldy1701E May 15 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat May 14, 2022, 08:09 AM

1. It sure is.

We have a state flag, its been that way for 250 years weve got one of the most recognizable flags in the nation, Hutto said on Friday.

Every time I see it I recognize it. I recognize the racism, the bias against anything that is not pasty white and male, the place that started the insurrection that was the Civil War. Oh yes, very recognizable. (Idiot.)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OldBaldy1701E (Reply #1)

Sat May 14, 2022, 08:25 AM

2. It's a tree and a crescent

Other than looking kind of amateurish as far as flags go, I don't see an issue with it.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 09:50 AM

3. You must be thinking of another state. This is SC's flag.

It's strange, but not racist. IMO

Reply to this post

Sun May 15, 2022, 07:22 PM

4. I am referring to the state it represents

Not the flag itself.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread