HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Tennessee (Group) » 15,000 attend Women's Mar...

Mon Jan 23, 2017, 01:40 PM

15,000 attend Women's March on Nashville

About 15,000 people marched in downtown Nashville Saturday in solidarity with the Women's March on Washington.

Middle Tennesseans marched for one mile from Cumberland Park to Public Square in support of a myriad of social justice issues, including women's rights, reproductive rights, LGBT rights, worker's rights, civil rights, disability rights, immigrant rights, environmental justice and access to health care.

Marchers expressed discontent of President Donald Trump's inauguration, as well as fear of change his administration could bring.

"With the election, there has been so much negativity," said Khalat Hama, 26, of Nashville. "I feel privileged to walk with people who walking for civil rights, for all the diversity in the United States."

Read more: http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/01/21/thousands-expected-womens-march-nashville/96668276/

2 replies, 1128 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 15,000 attend Women's March on Nashville (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jan 2017 OP
msongs Jan 2017 #1
redstateblues Jan 2017 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Jan 23, 2017, 02:49 PM

1. great news coming from deep red american. hope they havent all been imprisoned nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Jan 23, 2017, 02:57 PM

2. I was there with my daughter and grand kids. It was so inspiring!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread