HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Nearly 200,000 pounds of ...

Sun Dec 28, 2014, 04:05 PM

Nearly 200,000 pounds of chorizo sold at H-E-B recalled

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has recalled nearly 200,000 pounds of chorizo produced by San Antonio-based Garcia Foods, Inc., which is sold under the Hill Country Fare brand at H-E-B.

Due to "misbranding and undeclared allergens," approximately 190,450 pounds of chorizo is affected by the recall.

The pork products may contain peanuts and other known allergens, which are not declared on the food label or packaging.

The following products are subject to recall:

Hill Country Fare Chorizo, 12-oz. vacuum-packed, raw pork sausage links with the establishment number 13205A written near the USDA mark of inspection.

Hill Country Fare Chorizo 8-oz. vacuum-packed, raw pork sausage with the establishment number 13205A written near the USDA mark of inspection.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Nearly-200-000-pounds-of-chorizo-sold-at-H-E-B-5982081.php

3 replies, 1000 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nearly 200,000 pounds of chorizo sold at H-E-B recalled (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2014 OP
Xipe Totec Dec 2014 #1
Sherman A1 Dec 2014 #2
They_Live Dec 2014 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Dec 28, 2014, 04:15 PM

1. That's unfortunate.

Not my brand of chorizo, but H-E-B. is my preferred store even down here in Saltillo, Mexico where I'm visiting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Dec 28, 2014, 04:51 PM

2. I believe that

this is what is called an oooppps!

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 28, 2014, 05:20 PM

3. I just assume that everything has

peanuts in it now. I'm hoping that those with allergies to them were not hurt by this particular incident.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread