HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » 3.6-magnitude earthquake ...

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 06:18 AM

3.6-magnitude earthquake hits Eagle Ford town southeast of San Antonio

The U.S. Geological Survey confirmed that a 3.6-magnitude earthquake hit an Eagle Ford Shale town about 44 miles southeast of San Antonio.

The earthquake's epicenter registered about 2 miles north of the Karnes County town of Falls City just after 8 p.m. Saturday.

Karnes County Sheriff Dwayne Villanueva told the Houston Chronicle that there were no reports of damage but his agency received calls from residents in the nearby town of Hobson, who felt the shake.

Out of the 16 earthquakes reported in South Texas by USGS this year, the Saturday evening quake was recorded as the strongest.

Read more: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/3-6-magnitude-earthquake-hits-Eagle-Ford-town-14000822.php

Uh-oh. My brother is interviewing for a job near there.

2 replies, 367 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 3.6-magnitude earthquake hits Eagle Ford town southeast of San Antonio (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jun 16 OP
SkatmanRoth Jun 16 #1
TexasTowelie Jun 16 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 06:23 AM

1. I wonder how much fracking he oil companies do around San Antonio?

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SkatmanRoth (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 06:31 AM

2. The area where the earthquake happened is in the most productive area of the Eagle Ford shale basin.

There is a lot of oil drilling in the area, while to the south there is more natural gas. I used to travel through the area frequently during my college days and afterwards when I lived in Austin and my parents lived in South Texas. The current scorecard is Me - 1, Buzzards - 0. That's what happens to the buzzards when they smash into my windshield (although having the glass splatter into my lap and clothing wasn't pleasant).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread