HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Abbott suspends in-person...

Fri May 22, 2020, 11:28 PM

Abbott suspends in-person county, city jail visits for inmates

Gov. Greg Abbott has ordered county and municipal jails to suspend in-person visitations for inmates in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

The executive order, which was announced Friday, will not apply to attorneys who are visiting clients, or to religious leaders and clergy members.

When Abbott declared a state of disaster for Texas counties in March, he had suspended visitations to the state’s jails, prisons and juvenile justice facilities.

In a written statement, Abbott said Friday’s announcement is a continuation of the state’s efforts to curtail the spread of COVID-19 in highly susceptible areas.

Read more: https://www.statesman.com/news/20200522/abbott-suspends-in-person-county-city-jail-visits-for-inmates

2 replies, 396 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Abbott suspends in-person county, city jail visits for inmates (Original post)
TexasTowelie Friday OP
Skittles Friday #1
flotsam Saturday #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri May 22, 2020, 11:44 PM

1. yet it is OK to go to church

bizarre

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat May 23, 2020, 06:34 PM

2. How about this

if you waive your right to clergy you are allowed one family member? After all, that family member will interact only with one inmate-the religious leaders will be going from inmate to inmate like plague rats. I know which option would make me feel safer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread