HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Utah (Group) » Two Utah girls, 9 and 4, ...

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:36 AM

Two Utah girls, 9 and 4, steal parents' car to 'swim with dolphins' in California

Girls sideswiped a car and then collided with a semi-truck but were both wearing seatbelts and no one was harmed

Victoria Bekiempis
Thu 3 Jun 2021 09.57 EDT

Two young girls in Utah stole their parents’ car so they could drive to California to go to the beach and “swim with dolphins”, authorities said.

The girls, sisters aged nine and four, sideswiped a car and then collided with a semi-truck. Nobody was harmed during their joyride. Both children were wearing seatbelts, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

The pair took the keys to a Chevy Malibu on Wednesday morning and sneaked out of their family home through the basement, ABC4 said.

The elder sister, with her younger sibling riding as a passenger, drove about 10 miles from West Jordan to West Valley City, including on Utah’s Route 201 expressway.

The semi-truck driver called authorities after seeing two cars collide, thinking the driver was impaired. He trailed this car, which then collided into his truck. Police said he was surprised to find a child behind the wheel, the Tribune said.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/03/utah-girls-car-joyride-dolphins-california#_=_

5 replies, 885 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Two Utah girls, 9 and 4, steal parents' car to 'swim with dolphins' in California (Original post)
Judi Lynn Jun 2021 OP
Ocelot II Jun 2021 #1
pandr32 Jun 2021 #2
Marcuse Jun 2021 #3
jimfields33 Jun 2021 #4
PoindexterOglethorpe Jun 2021 #5

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:38 AM

1. My parents would have grounded me until I was 30.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:43 AM

2. I'll bet those two have extra chores for a while

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:53 AM

3. Thelma and Louise in training.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:54 AM

4. I guess if they live long enough to be grandparents, it's quite a story

They seem to be major risk takers. The parents have quite a future ahead of them. Teen years should be interesting.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 01:57 PM

5. Yet another good reason to drive a stick shift.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread