HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Washington (Group) » Seattle grocery stores un...

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 08:51 PM

Seattle grocery stores undergo transformations to combat coronavirus

Next time you make a quick trip to the grocery store, donít be alarmed if things seem a little different than usual.

Safeway and Albertsons are making big changes around the Emerald City to comply with the new stay-at-home order to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Checkout lane Plexiglas, at-risk shopping hours, taped floors for social distancing, and same-day pharmaceutical delivery, to name just a few.

ďAs we all continue to navigate through this public health crisis together, Safeway and Albertsons is continuing to do everything we can to prioritize the health and safety of our customers, our communities, and our associates, and to ensure our customers have access to the food, medications, and other essential goods they need during the 'Stay at Home' time frame,Ē the grocery chain stated in a press release.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-grocery-stores-undergo-transformations-to-combat-coronavirus/ar-BB11HPbR?ocid=hplocalnews

I was at the Silver Lake Safeway in Everett today. In addition to the plexiglass shield they will not bag your groceries in the reusable shopping bag(s) the City of Everett requires.

Either you have to bag your own or they'll bag it in a paper bag at no extra cost to you.

5 replies, 641 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Seattle grocery stores undergo transformations to combat coronavirus (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Wednesday OP
TDale313 Wednesday #1
Sherman A1 Wednesday #3
Backseat Driver Wednesday #2
drmeow Wednesday #4
colsohlibgal Wednesday #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 08:55 PM

1. My Safeway in the Bay Area had similar changes/rules.

My cashier was very apologetic about not being able to bag my groceries in my reusable bags, but I think it makes sense.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TDale313 (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:00 PM

3. Those seem to be rather standard changes

industry wide. I am sure that the grocery trade associations are working overtime to get the words out to their membership rosters.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:00 PM

2. At least the bags are paper! Landfills will fill with N95s eventually.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:34 PM

4. I do a better job

of bagging my groceries in my reusable bags than they do - I usually do so anyway (my spouse and I go grocery shopping together which helps).

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:52 PM

5. Lots Of Stores Adjusting To The Current Reality

Picked up a couple of prescriptions at my close by CVS, they had a table separating you from the counter, they all had masks on.

I had never ordered for pickup from my local Grocery but did Monday.....with a three day wait, picking them up tomorrow.

Things will get back to normal but not anytime soon.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread