HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Washington (Group) » What happens if WA Gov. J...

Tue Dec 1, 2020, 06:49 AM

What happens if WA Gov. Jay Inslee takes a job in Biden's cabinet

Days after Washington Gov. Jay Inslee won a rare third term in office, the 69-year-old Democrat started appearing on lists of possible picks for President-elect Joe Bidenís cabinet.

A New York Times article the week after the election mentioned Inslee as a possible contender to lead the U.S. Department of Energy, the Interior Department or the Environmental Protection Agency. A piece in Politico similarly talked about Inslee as a possible cabinet choice.

But what happens in Washington state if Inslee leaves to take a job in the nationís capital?

While Inslee has said many times he plans to serve his full term as governor, many think it would be hard for him to turn down a job serving under a new Democratic president ó especially one that involves combating climate change, one of Insleeís core issues.

Read more: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/what-happens-if-wa-gov-jay-inslee-takes-a-job-in-bidens-cabinet/Content?oid=20718656
(Spokane Inlander)

2 replies, 641 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What happens if WA Gov. Jay Inslee takes a job in Biden's cabinet (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2020 OP
MFM008 Dec 2020 #1
Evergreen Emerald Dec 2020 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Dec 1, 2020, 07:10 AM

1. Denny Heck is Lt Gov

I presume he would take over until either a special election
or till the next election..........

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Dec 1, 2020, 08:57 AM

2. I don't want Inslee to leave!

He is an amazing governor. Having said that, Denny Heck would be a good replacement, if it came to that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread