HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » are we looking at a clint...

Thu Apr 21, 2016, 09:29 AM

are we looking at a clinton debacle in wisconsin come november

yes i know sander is still in the mix
and yes i will vote for her should she win

but here is what i see.
i am active with my local party

earlier this year i tried to help find a way to plug a member into the hilary campaign local operation...turns out there was none.

last night i found out that a local party member has pretty much been assured of delegate status to philly because he is the ONLY male candidate in the whole damn cd to apply for the hrc male slot thru the caucus with a desire to advance.....wtf seriously wtf?????

seems that in each of the local party caucuses, bernie bots outnumbered hrc supporters by large number.

I am also see a turn on facebook with a hardening by hrc supporters towards bernie folks actually saying they are not real democrats and should put up and shut up. These include former state party and milwaukee county party officials not the supposed riff raff

in my county the bernie bots are the few folks who actually showed up and marched in the parades and manned the county fair booth and made the phone bank phone calls.

what i fear is an experience i had with the barrett for gov push back a few years ago....it was brat days in sheboygan....March in the parade...Russ feingold had a bunch of folks...Tom showed up with NO support other than paid staff....My kid and i put on barrett shirts over the feingold shirts to make it look a bit more respectable...It was that day i knew we would be saying governor walker...

I fear a complete and utter power failure outside of milwaukee county I fear hrc could take russ down with her

17 replies, 3606 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Kber (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 21, 2016, 09:38 AM

4. Yes...I see the polls..

But we have to yet to endure 6 months of Citizens United funded attack ads 24/7 and the inevitable Republican show hearings on Hillary's emails day-in-and-day-out LIVE on national TV.....you know it's coming...

Those polls may not hold up for 6 months..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dembotoz (Original post)

Thu Apr 21, 2016, 09:34 AM

2. Wisconsin politics right now are circling the drain.

What the hell is wrong with that state?

Reply to this post

Response to Buzz Clik (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 11:12 AM

8. WI is a Koch experiment

The Koch's poured millions into our state to support Republican candidates. The money paid for hundreds of TV ads and supported Repub candidates. Lucky for them they found a willing dolt in Scott Walker who will go along to get along. Happily the Koch money didn't help Walker on the national scene as he attempted to run for President.

I have to admit WI has a huge share of red neck voters who came out in droves while many Dems stayed home.

Reply to this post

Response to Buzz Clik (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 12:01 PM

9. Nothing that won't be wrong with a bunch of OTHER STATES should we have single party controlling all

branches of govt on the national level. Do you understand that once you have single party govt, comprised of a group of thugs who are not afraid to ram through a dizzying array of pre-written radical right legislation, much of it repressive and meant to consolidate political power even further, within fewer hands... extreme gerrymandering, voter suppression, eliminating the former non partisan election board in favor of one heavily favoring partisan Walker appointees.... I could go on.... do you understand that all that, combined with untold billions of dollars to spend on propaganda and screwing up elections.... its not like we can hit the un-do button and turn back the clock to 2010.

Its classic Shock Doctrine, USA style.

That is why the petty bickering betw HRC & BS supporters & threats to stay home on election drives me up the friggin wall. Probably the same bunch of yall that sat home both times and didn't bother to go vote for Barrett.

Trust me, we do NOT want single party government on the national level, in perpetuity. We might have survived it last time w/ the Bushes or whatever but trust me its a whole different ballgame now.

Just one other interesting tidbit for your consideration - the repressions under many repressive regimes happened quite legally, within the frame work of their existing govts - Nazi Germany of course the most famous. (And no, Im not comparing Republicans to Nazis - puh-leeze.)

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 21, 2016, 09:35 AM

3. Similar experiences

both with the Barrett campaign and the Dem party in general....

The Teahadists are motivated and active...THEY WILL SHOW UP IN NOVEMBER....will we???????

I'm getting really worried.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 21, 2016, 10:08 AM

5. what drives me nuts is there are a couple of wonderful congressional candidates

running against grothman and sensenbrener....

quality quality candidates

the top of the ticket is supposed to have coattails

i am just not seeing it

Reply to this post

Response to dembotoz (Reply #5)

Thu Apr 21, 2016, 08:06 PM

6. I agree

Hillary does not inspire enthusiasm in WI.

Reply to this post

Response to dembotoz (Reply #5)

Tue Apr 26, 2016, 01:00 PM

12. Please post these candidates-thanks.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 22, 2016, 02:08 PM

7. Hillary = epic trainwreck in Nov. Will likely cost us control of the Senate.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 07:28 PM

10. Not really - more accurate to say we're looking at a VOTER SUPPRESSION debacle - unless we get our

fat Wisconsin arses in gear and start getting people registered and assist in getting IDs.... like right about NOW.

(BTW Im including myself in the description WI arses.)

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 26, 2016, 09:40 AM

11. well thants to the facebook thing a whole lot of bernie supporters now HATE hrc

did hrc and her ilk just snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
From what i am seeing from these folks on facebook.....they are not just angry they hate her.....

after last night as a person who is active in local party leadership (if you can call what i do leadership) i have no clue as to how i am going to get those folks to support hrc should she win.....

i guess try like hell to plug them in to congressional campaign

Reply to this post

Response to dembotoz (Reply #11)

Tue Apr 26, 2016, 01:45 PM

13. You can add me in to that group.

I really can't see myself voting for hrc in November.

I know, there's a lot of time between now and then, but I just don't see how it would do any good at all.

Sorry to bust in so abruptly with that announcement, but I've mostly gone to Facebook for web news and keeping up on things through friends' posts.

Just popped in here to take a look at what folks are talking about.

Anyway, hope you're doing good.

Reply to this post

Response to mojowork_n (Reply #13)

Tue Apr 26, 2016, 02:23 PM

14. doing about as good as can be expected when the supposed standard bearer for us does shit for brains

things

here is where i am supposed to say any dem is better than the gop offering period.....

it seems hollow somehow today

Reply to this post

Response to dembotoz (Reply #14)

Tue Apr 26, 2016, 05:07 PM

15. The Empress has no clothes

But as to your point, gop vs. dem and one of 'us' is always 'better.'

What's the difference, again?

The dems are acting exactly like repubs-- doubling down on bullying, aggressive attacks that refuse to address any specifics and purely rhetorical language games that are practically devoid of meaning.

At least that's been my experience on facebook.

Reply to this post

Response to dembotoz (Reply #11)

Wed Apr 27, 2016, 09:43 AM

16. And you know this was orchestrated by HRC - how? You young whippersnappers seem to have no clue re

the history of dissent and activism and the lengths to which the opposition goes to sow seeds of suspicion and destroy dissenters - provocateurs, Cointelpro, infiltration, etc. (and how to resist it). Classic divide and conquer - one would think activists in our state would be wise to that by now and capable of discerning it in ALL its manifestations.

Do you think the apparatus and motivation to destroy political enemies all just went away, now that communications happen more digitally vs. inperson and by phone???? NO. It changed along with the technology.

If we're doomed - I daresay it will be because too many of yall are on Facebook absorbed in your self-contained belief systems repeating hearsay amongst yourselves and not taking in information from elsewhere.

ME, I voted for BS in large part because he clearly stated that if he didn't go on to the general election he would use his power to effect change in the platform (short term goal) and in the party (long term). He is not going to take his toys and go home like some of yall apparently.

Y'all don't speak for for every BS voter in this state. You may think from the DU forum (yikes) that BS and HRC supporters are mortal enemies but in the world where I live - taint necessarily so. A recent survey (sorry no time to google it) said 70% of Dem voters think the discussion/debate is healthy & energizing.... a good thing.

Ask yourselves - in whose interest is it that BS & HRC supporters end up as mortal enemies? And then act accordingingly.

Old fart signing off.

Reply to this post

Response to Kashkakat v.2.0 (Reply #16)

Fri Apr 29, 2016, 08:17 AM

17. How do we know?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you can or can't see from this link, if you're not on facebook, but this is one link that has collected evidence of organized voter suppression/ election fraud in democratic primaries.

The kind of thing Republicans usually use, against "us," but this time, obviously, it's not. Republicans really would prefer to run against Hillary.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=documenting%20democratic%20primary%20election%20fraud%3A%202016

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread