HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wyoming (Group) » Wyoming secretary of stat...

Sun Oct 21, 2018, 11:09 PM

Wyoming secretary of state candidate: Buchanan not eligible for office

CHEYENNE – The Libertarian candidate for Wyoming Secretary of State filed a petition earlier this month accusing the current secretary of holding the office illegally because he is a licensed lawyer.

Howard “Kit” Carson wrote in a petition that Secretary of State Ed Buchanan is violating the law by holding office as an “officer of the court.”

“He is asking the Supreme Court to obey … five laws ‘on the books,’ both federal and in the Wyoming Constitution, prohibiting any officers of the court(s), meaning judges and lawyers, to be elected to any government offices,” a news release from the Libertarian Party of Wyoming states.

But Buchanan is far from the only lawyer holding public office in Wyoming.

Read more: https://www.wyomingnews.com/news/local_news/wyo-secretary-of-state-candidate-buchanan-not-eligible-for-office/article_c2bb7632-d42e-11e8-a9ab-3f1b43372637.html

2 replies, 1065 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wyoming secretary of state candidate: Buchanan not eligible for office (Original post)
TexasTowelie Oct 2018 OP
underpants Oct 2018 #1
underpants Oct 2018 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Oct 22, 2018, 12:08 AM

1. Okay I don't if I can even search to check this

What could he possibly be basing this on?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Oct 22, 2018, 12:19 AM

2. Okay I did find something about the 13th Amendment being altered

I won't post the link because the writer is clearly nuts.

He claims that some super sleuths found 10 documents dating from 1822 to 1860 in which the original 13th Amendment (he mentions it several times so its not a mistake) states that lawyers can't hold public office. The 13th Amendment was ratified in1865. When he started in about the banking system I stopped because I knew where this was going.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread