HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » Toronto police officer ge...

Fri Jun 14, 2013, 12:08 PM

Toronto police officer gets 15 months in jail for sex assault

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/14/toronto_police_officer_gets_15_months_in_jail_for_sex_assault.html

A small step but a step in the right direction nonetheless. Once I read stories of the Canadian Stasi members going to prison my hope will be raised. In the meantime, bravo to the Justice Moore.

"Provincial court Justice John Moore called the offence a “breach of trust” committed by an individual “who pledge to uphold the law.”

“Mr. Sandhu should have known that severe consequences would flow from his conduct,” Moore said during sentencing on Friday. “The public has to trust that the court will do its part to ensure offences like this won’t happen again.”

If undercovers are held accountable, the nation can save money and improve the lives of it's citizens.

2 replies, 1468 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Toronto police officer gets 15 months in jail for sex assault (Original post)
shockedcanadian Jun 2013 OP
SwissTony Jun 2013 #1
shockedcanadian Jun 2013 #2

Response to shockedcanadian (Original post)

Fri Jun 14, 2013, 01:08 PM

1. 15 months for forcing a woman to give him oral sex???????

It should be more like 10-15 years. Absolutely disgusting.

I'm male, but this is just sickening. The victim suffered the greater damage.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SwissTony (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 14, 2013, 03:50 PM

2. You must be new around here...

In Canada being a cop is a license to do as you please. Even better if you are undercover, the level of accountability in this position is nil.

I could bore you with 1000 examples but you have to research it yourself, and this is only a snippet, I left out CSIS because I don't have enough space to address all the threat manufacturing and damage to Canada's reputation that they engage in (only the rotten apple, the honest agents are gold).

Here is the thing to, I am NEW to this whole investigative stuff, imagine how much more I would be readily aware of if I actually had an interest in this for longer than the last 8 years or so since I started my own battle with the apparatus?

Start with these for fun, google and youtube, hell you can copy and paste if you want:

- undercover G20 Toronto
- RCMP Montebello, Quebec
- police withhold information from SIU Toronto
- RCMP and Ontario police investigate themselves
- Lisa Dudley RCMP (officer docked one day's pay)
- Ian Bush, RCMP (Ian was shot in the back of the head, police cleared of wrongdoing).

That should keep you busy for a little while, and it will explain quite succinctly why an undercover police officer getting 15 months in prison for ANY violation in Canada is akin to the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup; or at least making the final four.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread