HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » "Trudeau Protest Was Mann...

Tue Jun 25, 2013, 09:57 PM

"Trudeau Protest Was Manned By Tory Interns And Organized By PMO"

Trudeau Protest Was Manned By Tory Interns And Organized By PMO

by Althia Raj at the Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/25/trudeau-protest-conservative-interns-pmo_n_3492852.html?ref=topbar&just_reloaded=1

"SNIP................................

Just last week, a Barrie, Ont., newspaper revealed that the PMO was behind leaks of unflattering information about the Liberal leader, who continues to ride high in the polls and is viewed as an electoral threat in 2015.

The Huffington Post Canada’s media requests to other agencies inquiring about the Trudeau protest also made it back to the PMO, which has been badly shaken by a Senate expense scandal that claimed former chief of staff Nigel Wright.

HuffPost has learned the PMO assembled several Conservative party interns and staff to draw up signs mocking Trudeau after being tipped off by Twitter that the Liberal leader planned to announce new measures to increase transparency in the House of Commons outside Parliament near the Centennial Flame. Holding signs quoting Tory attack ads, the young Conservatives stood behind Trudeau’s podium during his televised speech.

Liberal party researchers and journalists identified several participants in the demonstration — among them Maddy Stieva, Carl-Olivier Rouleau, Stav Nitka, Nick Young, James Mitchell and Grant Dingwall. None returned messages requesting comment.

...............................SNIP"

4 replies, 2111 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Trudeau Protest Was Manned By Tory Interns And Organized By PMO" (Original post)
applegrove Jun 2013 OP
applegrove Jun 2013 #1
Rainforestgoddess Jun 2013 #2
arikara Jun 2013 #3
Rainforestgoddess Jun 2013 #4

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Tue Jun 25, 2013, 10:19 PM

1. PMO is Prime Minister's Office.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to applegrove (Reply #1)

Wed Jun 26, 2013, 01:20 AM

2. Doesn't surprise me

I think Trudeau has harper running scared. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain his momentum against dirty tricks and propaganda from the cons.

Reply to this post

Response to Rainforestgoddess (Reply #2)

Wed Jun 26, 2013, 11:17 PM

3. I just hope he starts showing

some of his Dad's gumption. So far every time they've laid into him he's placated instead of telling them to fuddle duddle.

Reply to this post

Response to arikara (Reply #3)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 12:29 AM

4. Arrgh, I know, right?

I keep getting emails to "win a barbecue with Justin". Can you imagine PET having a barbecue with Joe Q?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread