HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » McCain Foods scraps plans...

Thu Mar 10, 2022, 01:03 PM

McCain Foods scraps plans for Russian plant

Company had planned to spend $211 million Cdn on plant south of Moscow

McCain Foods has scrapped its plan to open a potato processing plant in Russia following the country's invasion of Ukraine.

The company founded in New Brunswick announced the change in plans in a statement issued Thursday morning after previously saying it had halted construction as of Feb. 24.

"We have now made the decision to discontinue the project entirely," Charlie Angelakos, McCain's vice-president of global external affairs and sustainability, said in an emailed statement.

"In addition, we are also suspending all shipments of our products into the Russian market."

more

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/mccain-foods-russia-plant-1.6379744

2 replies, 798 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply McCain Foods scraps plans for Russian plant (Original post)
Spazito Mar 2022 OP
Sherman A1 Mar 2022 #1
Spazito Mar 2022 #2

Response to Spazito (Original post)

Thu Mar 10, 2022, 01:25 PM

1. In my opinion the Russian economy will require decades to just get back

to where is was before this ham handed move by Putin. No one with any sense will want to deal with them for much of anything and that is just fine with me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 10, 2022, 01:46 PM

2. I agree...

It is likely here will be no further investments there while Putin is in power, it would be a losing proposition for businesses to trust anything said or done until Putin is gone, imo.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread