HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Campaigns (Group) » 2017 AL US Senate Race-Ch...

Sun Nov 26, 2017, 11:30 AM

2017 AL US Senate Race-Charles Barkley is backing Doug Jones over Roy Moore.

Charles Barkley, an Alabama native and Kasich supporter in the 2016 US Presidential Election is supporting Doug Jones. Barkley claims that Moore inviting Steve Bannon to campaign for Moore is a disqualifier. Will having Barkley in Alabama campaigning for Jones be helpful? He can energize the black vote and appeal to moderate Republicans.

2 replies, 888 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 2017 AL US Senate Race-Charles Barkley is backing Doug Jones over Roy Moore. (Original post)
nkpolitics1212 Nov 2017 OP
SoCalMusicLover Nov 2017 #1
TheRealistRealist Nov 2017 #2

Response to nkpolitics1212 (Original post)

Sun Nov 26, 2017, 12:12 PM

1. Charles

I get the impression he is what used to be known as a moderate repub. The party is much farther right though.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to nkpolitics1212 (Original post)

Sun Nov 26, 2017, 12:16 PM

2. Charles needs to do some campaigning with Doug Jones.

Voicing support is great, but he needs to go in the community with Doug Jones and remind people of what Roy Moore stands for. Even without the pedo claims, he is a horrible, racist.

I truly believe Charles may be able to get through to some of white Roy Moore supporters. Not all of course, but enough to make a difference. Please note that I am not a huge Charles Barkley, but if sincerely wants to help the cause then I'm all for it.

Lastly, I am not buying that `blacks are not energized ' bs. I feel it is a ploy to discourage black voter turnout. It's very dismissive and insulting the black community. Especially since black Alabamians are not the reason Roy Moore made it this far in the first place. Alabama you cannot allow a Roy Moore in the Senate without a fight.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread