HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Campaigns (Group) » 2018 UT US Senate Race- S...

Tue Jan 2, 2018, 05:06 PM

2018 UT US Senate Race- Suppose there was a 3 way race between Romney-R,McMullin-I, and the

Democratic Nominee- Wilson-D or Matheson-D,

Who is favored to win in the 3 way race?
Who does McMullin-I take votes from?
If McMullin-I wins, which party will McMullin-I caucus with?

2 replies, 766 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 2018 UT US Senate Race- Suppose there was a 3 way race between Romney-R,McMullin-I, and the (Original post)
nkpolitics1212 Jan 2018 OP
Freethinker65 Jan 2018 #1
Wellstone ruled Jan 2018 #2

Response to nkpolitics1212 (Original post)

Tue Jan 2, 2018, 05:26 PM

1. Romney for the win. I have a sister that lives not too far from Mitt (walking distance) in Utah.

I would think Romney would win in a walk. He has political experience and is not hated in “liberal” Salt Lake City, like the polarizing Chaffetz (who is rumored to run for governor) and the rest of the state is nearly pure Red. Utah elected Mike Lee as Senator, and he is way to the right of Mitt.

If the Democrats threw their votes to McMullin, McMullin would have a great chance if Romney decided not to run and the GOP backed a lesser known candidate.

It is Romney’s seat if he wants it. He may be thinking of a legacy seat for one of his many offspring.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to nkpolitics1212 (Original post)

Tue Jan 2, 2018, 06:15 PM

2. McMullin will go the

GOP Nominating route,count on it. It is all about Seniority in the Theocracy known as Utah. Matheson is a Dino. Depending on what garbage gets thrown about his ties to the Extraction Industries,he could give Romney a bit of a run. Remember,who ever Temple Square anoints will be the winner.
This is the DU member formerly known as Wellstone ruled.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread