HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Campaigns (Group) » The 2016 Florida Primary ...

Wed Oct 7, 2015, 02:56 PM

The 2016 Florida Primary Presidential Election is in MARCH????

I just got a mailing from the Country Board of Elections to request an Absentee Ballot, or change Party Affiliation. Primary will be in early March???? What happened to June? Complicating this, there is a court order to redraw districts back to not favoring Republican candidates in Florida. Have they done this yet? I live in one of those districts which is in question. What a mess!

We are putting up our home for sale at the beginning of the year. As soon as we sell, we are moving back up North. Don't know precisely when. I suppose I better get this Primary Absentee Ballot request in ASAP.

March??????? Why not JUNE???? People have made up their minds by March?

2 replies, 1326 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The 2016 Florida Primary Presidential Election is in MARCH???? (Original post)
HockeyMom Oct 2015 OP
PoliticAverse Oct 2015 #1
HockeyMom Oct 2015 #2

Response to HockeyMom (Original post)

Wed Oct 7, 2015, 03:05 PM

1. March 15th...

See: http://yourvoteflorida.com/

Some people feel earlier primary voting gives a state more influence in the outcome.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PoliticAverse (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 7, 2015, 03:56 PM

2. Especially when Republicans are in control

Example? Joe Biden has not yet declared. If Florida prints these ballots early, would he even be on the primary ballot?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread