HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Barack Obama (Group) » Obama says he's 'proud of...

Sat Jul 27, 2019, 08:10 PM

Obama says he's 'proud of' former staffers who slammed Trump for 'poisoning of our democracy' in fie

Former President Obama tweeted Saturday that he is "proud of" how former staffers of his administration are "continuing to fight for an America that's better" after they penned an op-ed blasting President Trump for his "poisoning of our democracy."

"I've always been proud of what this team accomplished during my administration," he tweeted with a link to the op-ed, which was published by The Washington Post on Friday.

"But more than what we did, I'm proud of how they're continuing to fight for an America that's better," he continued.

The op-ed, titled "We are African Americans, we are patriots, and we refuse to sit idly by," was penned by 149 African American alumni of the Obama administration in support of congresswomen of color who were recently attacked by the president and told to "go back" to their home countries.

At: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-hes-proud-of-former-staffers-who-slammed-trump-for-poisoning-of-our-democracy-in-fiery-op-ed/ar-AAEX4y2

Former President Barack Obama: Standing up for those who stood up.

1 replies, 959 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama says he's 'proud of' former staffers who slammed Trump for 'poisoning of our democracy' in fie (Original post)
sandensea Jul 2019 OP
Karadeniz Jul 2019 #1

Response to sandensea (Original post)

Sat Jul 27, 2019, 09:17 PM

1. Very good response by those staffers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread