HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Passengers Surprised by F...

Sat Aug 3, 2019, 07:34 AM

Passengers Surprised by Flight Attendant Hiding in Overhead Compartment

Passengers Surprised by Flight Attendant Hiding in Overhead Compartment
By Daniel Avery On 7/31/19 at 9:45 AM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/southwest-airlines-flight-attendant-overhead-compartment-1451892

Overhead space is at a premium on most planes, but passengers on a recent Southwest Airlines flight from Nashville to Philadelphia found their carry-ons crowded out by a flight attendant who had climbed inside the overhead compartment.

The incident, which occurred before the plane doors were closed, was filmed by passenger Veronica Lloyd, who returning home to Pennsylvania.

In the clip, the unnamed female attendant can be seen on her side and then rolling onto her stomach. It appears she was starting to say something when the video cut off.

Lloyd told Fox News she was "perplexed" by the attendant's impromptu hide-and-seek, noting she was up there for at least 10 minutes. "It was very interesting. I think she was doing it to try and be funny and make the passengers laugh."

"Southwest Employees are known for demonstrating their sense of humor and unique personalities. In this instance, one of our flight attendants attempted to have a brief moment of fun with customers during boarding. Of course, this is not our normal procedure, and Southwest crews always maintain safety as their top priority."

<snip>

Southwest continually ranks among the top carriers on national surveys. The Points Guy's Brian Kelly told Forbes the company reached Number Two on its 2018 Best Airlines in America list because of lower airfares and an increase in the size of already considerable route network, "while continuing to rate at the very top in customer satisfaction and baggage and change fees."

5 replies, 684 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Passengers Surprised by Flight Attendant Hiding in Overhead Compartment (Original post)
marble falls Aug 2019 OP
samnsara Aug 2019 #1
marble falls Aug 2019 #2
customerserviceguy Aug 2019 #3
JustFiveMoreMinutes Aug 2019 #4
customerserviceguy Aug 2019 #5

Response to marble falls (Original post)

Sat Aug 3, 2019, 07:37 AM

1. Hubby actually saw this happen on SW when he was a passanger...

...many years ago. Is this a new incident? They are a fun airline... unless I fly into an area they dont serve, this is the airline I always fly.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to samnsara (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 3, 2019, 07:42 AM

2. Happened three days ago. That really wouldn't amuse me. But then I hate ...

everything about flying except the actual flight.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Original post)

Sat Aug 3, 2019, 11:57 AM

3. And if a passenger tried this

even a little kid, they'd find themselves booted off the flight.

I read from time to time where flight attendants have complained about immature passenger behavior, maybe setting a good example would be a part of preventing that.

Reply to this post

Response to customerserviceguy (Reply #3)

Sat Aug 3, 2019, 12:39 PM

4. Let them have their fun.... I'm sure she had to hop down once the plane started filling

up with more passengers.

If it was a mostly vacant plane.. I'm sure she HAD to get down.

It's Southwest... go United if you want pomp & circumstance. <wink>

Reply to this post

Response to JustFiveMoreMinutes (Reply #4)

Sat Aug 3, 2019, 01:52 PM

5. I've sworn off

both Southworst and United. I stick to American Airlines now, and fortunately, one of their codeshare partners is Alaska Airlines, which is one of the best. I'll be flying in a couple of weeks on Alaska, looking forward to it. They have Alaska Brewing beer available, beats Bud-Miller-Coors any day.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread