HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Congress (Group) » Ryan Says He'll Seek Re-E...

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 04:17 PM

Ryan Says He'll Seek Re-Election as Speaker

Source: Associated Press

Ryan Says He'll Seek Re-Election as Speaker

By SCOTT BAUER, ASSOCIATED PRESS MOSINEE, Wis. Nov 4, 2016, 2:37 PM ET

Speaker Paul Ryan said Friday he will seek re-election to the top job in the House if Republicans hold onto their majority, an outcome widely expected in next week's elections.

Ryan's comment comes as some House Republicans hard-right conservatives and backers of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump have discussed trying to oust him from his post. He became speaker only a year ago after conservatives pressured his predecessor, John Boehner, R-Ohio, into abandoning the job and retiring from Congress.

Ryan, R-Wis., was asked Friday following a campaign stop with Wisconsin GOP Sen. Ron Johnson about a report in The Hill newspaper about "chatter" that he was no longer interested in being speaker.

"Nope. Not true," Ryan said. "Don't believe everything you read. I am interested in staying on as speaker."

[font size=1]-snip-[/font]

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ryan-hell-seek-election-speaker-43307514

1 replies, 835 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ryan Says He'll Seek Re-Election as Speaker (Original post)
Eugene Nov 2016 OP
The Velveteen Ocelot Nov 2016 #1

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Fri Nov 4, 2016, 04:18 PM

1. I guess he's a glutton for punishment.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread