HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Congress (Group) » 'I dont want to be associ...

Sun May 28, 2017, 01:40 AM

'I dont want to be associated with him': 100 eighth graders refuse to pose with Paul Ryan during DC

Source: Raw Story

‘I don’t want to be associated with him’: 100 eighth graders refuse to pose with Paul Ryan during DC trip

ELIZABETH PREZA
27 MAY 2017 AT 22:31 ET

About 100 eighth grade students refused to pose with Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on Friday, snubbing the top Republican to protest his policies.

Though Ryan’s official Instagram features a photo of him waving to a group students from South Orange Middle School in South Orange, New Jersey, it does not show their peers sitting in a park lot across the street, in an apparent rebuff of the GOP leader.

“It’s not just a picture,” student Matthew Malespina told ABC News. “It’s being associated with a person who puts his party before his country.”

When he learned of his school’s impending photo op with Ryan, Malespina texted his mother he’s “just not going to do it.”

[font size=1]-snip-[/font]

An equal number of students opted to participate in the photo.

[font size=1]-snip-[/font]

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/i-dont-want-to-be-associated-with-him-100-eighth-graders-refuse-to-pose-with-paul-ryan-during-dc-trip/

1 replies, 4013 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'I dont want to be associated with him': 100 eighth graders refuse to pose with Paul Ryan during DC (Original post)
Eugene May 2017 OP
Doreen May 2017 #1

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Sun May 28, 2017, 02:25 AM

1. I am proud of them for standing up for their beliefs

they are our future and it is their future that is being fucked with so they have every damn right to protest.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread