HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » Huh.

Fri May 27, 2016, 02:04 PM

Huh.

Well, thatís interesting.

My group of friends has been about evenly split between Sanders and Clinton. Itís been an amicable division, primarily because weíve worked hard to keep it that way. When things have gotten testy elsewhere, weíve made it a point to stand together as DEMOCRATS. Weíve gone so far as to invite each other to fundraisers, just to demonstrate that we are all still on the same side.

That said, itís gotten a bit more uncomfortable the last few days. It hasnít yet devolved into incivility, but thereís definitely an awkward edge that is increasing incrementally. The customary badinage and smiling fist bumps have apparently left on sabbatical, darn it.

Then, a few minutes ago, I got a phone call. It was from one of the fellow committee workers from our local party, and the call was about the continuing planning for an upcoming party event. Once we got that squared away, there was a moment of silence before she continued. Given that sheís been a steadfast Bernie supporter I was a bit surprised when she inquired about the Hillary t-shirts Iíve been working on; then she ordered one, in her size. That was it, and she said a rather cheerful good-bye as she was off to spend time with her grandkids.

Interesting, indeed. And Iíll give her a gentle hug when next we meet.

5 replies, 560 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Huh. (Original post)
madamesilverspurs May 2016 OP
Her Sister May 2016 #1
Gothmog May 2016 #2
anotherproletariat May 2016 #3
sheshe2 May 2016 #4
Cha May 2016 #5

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Fri May 27, 2016, 02:06 PM

1. Interesting! Indeed....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri May 27, 2016, 02:09 PM

2. In Texas, the Sanders and the Clinton supporters know that we have a true enemy

I was at a county caucus meeting trying to see who we will vote for at the state convention. Even though the Sanders delegates are out numbered three to one, we still agreed to support some Sanders delegates for some key committees. Again, Texas democrats know who their true foes are and it is not each other

Reply to this post

Fri May 27, 2016, 02:36 PM

3. Nice story!! nt

Reply to this post

Fri May 27, 2016, 02:39 PM

4. That is wonderful news, madamesilverspurs.

Wow and you are making t-shirts as well. You rock!

Reply to this post

Sat May 28, 2016, 05:26 AM

5. Oh, that made me tear up..

you told it so well, madamesilverspurs.

Mahalo~

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread