HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Hillary Clinton (Group) » Turns out all the Bernie ...

Thu Dec 10, 2015, 07:50 PM

Turns out all the Bernie in 2016 and Obama in 2008 comparisons are bogus.

Every day I read another Bernie fan talk of how badly Obama was doing in polling against Clinton in 2008. Then I read a post on Daily Kos and it showed something that Bernie and his fans don't want to talk about.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/12/10/1458880/-Polling-update-Trump-widens-lead-does-2008-polling-give-Sanders-hope#read-more

At the same point in the 2008 campaign here is where the numbers stood. From the DK front page post.

Barack Obama’s deficits ranged from -10 to -30 in that outlier-looking ABC poll. The average among this lot was Clinton 44, Obama 25, or a 19-point deficit.

Despite his national deficits, Obama was already making his move in Iowa, in a race he would end up winning by eight points over both John Edwards and Clinton (who ended up just behind Edwards in third).

Oops. The Bernie folks don't want to mention Edwards.

Obama had made his move in Iowa and it took away people feeling Hillary was inevitable. It also made black voters realize Obama could win. Then Edwards went away and it was over.

None of those things are relevant to this election. Sanders already has the "anybody but Clinton" crowd. Instead of Edwards polling between 10-15 points, there is MOM at 2 points. Black voters are showing no signs of moving to Bernie and most importantly Bernie Sanders is not Barack Obama.

Leading to the following conclusion

10 replies, 1369 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Tommy2Tone (Original post)

Thu Dec 10, 2015, 08:11 PM

1. Barack Obama saw his adversaries as Sec. of State Clinton & VP. Biden...

frankly Edwards talked a good game, but it was his wife that actually breathed life into his campaign. He was just too polished like a salesman.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 10, 2015, 08:46 PM

2. There is o comparison between Bernie Sanders

And President Obama.

Anyone can see that. Well almost anyone.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 10, 2015, 08:57 PM

3. And if you should happen to mention that "BS is no Barack Obama", you usually get that cute quip....

"He sure ain't, and Thank Gawd". And that smart ass reply right there is the reason BS is making no inroads with Obama's coalition. It suggests that BS is WWWAAAAYYYYY better than Obama, and we all know that's a lie. We are not "Feelin' the Bern", and if I ever do, I'll seek medical attention for it.

Reply to this post

Response to Tarheel_Dem (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 10, 2015, 11:10 PM

4. I am starting to pick up on that trend

tonight PBO is part of the fringe 1%......sure, yeah, riiiiight

Because HRC is aligning herself with Obama and his policies (and vice verse I believe), I think we will see more attacks on our president from BS and his camp

I said it before and I'll say it again: the voters who put Obama in the WH are voting for HRC in this election

And as you wisely point out, throw him under the bus at your peril BSers

Reply to this post

Response to GusBob (Reply #4)

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 12:45 AM

7. good.. they can keep up the attacks.. they're only hurting themselves.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 12:44 AM

6. Prescisely, Tarheel. The only thing is.. President Obama has accomplished more for our country

than BS could ever do. And, is exponentially more appreciated and popular because of that.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 10:58 AM

10. This.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 12:40 AM

5. Exactly! BS is not President Barack Obama and never will be able to for our country what Obama

has accomplished.

Love the graphic, Tommy.. it so nails it!

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 08:05 AM

8. This proud Obama voter is going to help put

Sister Hillary in the White House. March can't get here fast enough

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #8)

Fri Dec 11, 2015, 09:20 AM

9. Agreed, March looks womderful.

Reply to this post