HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » Men's Group (Group) » I'm tired of all these &q...

Tue Mar 3, 2015, 11:37 PM

I'm tired of all these "Fat Men are Beautiful" websites, articles and memes everywhere!

Wait, there aren't any. That's just for women...

I thought men were supposed to be the ones with egos that needed to be soothed all the time.... How did I get that wrong?

4 replies, 1976 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm tired of all these "Fat Men are Beautiful" websites, articles and memes everywhere! (Original post)
Bonobo Mar 2015 OP
Veilex Mar 2015 #1
Major Nikon Mar 2015 #2
Veilex Mar 2015 #3
lumberjack_jeff Mar 2015 #4

Response to Bonobo (Original post)

Tue Mar 3, 2015, 11:47 PM

1. Anyone who thinks women don't have ego issues, just like men, is fooling themselves.

Contrary to some zany notions out there, men are NOT from mars and women are NOT from venus. The book was wrong when it implied we're two different species. We have slightly different plumbing, and slightly different chemical makeup, and both are human and should be treated with dignity and humanity.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Veilex (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 4, 2015, 12:41 AM

2. Should be, but rarely are

Most people seem to look for things to make them feel superior to others and readily go for the low hanging fruit that inflates their own egos. It really says more about themselves than they could ever say about anyone else.

Reply to this post

Response to Major Nikon (Reply #2)

Wed Mar 4, 2015, 11:42 AM

3. "Most people seem to look for things to make them feel superior to others" - Very true

Many would rather be "right" than enlightened. Fortunately, its fairly easy to tell when bumping into superiority seekers. They're usually the first ones throwing around unwarranted epithets and insults. The more egregious examples will mischaracterize everything you say into a question about your personal integrity or value as a human being.

Reply to this post

Response to Bonobo (Original post)

Wed Mar 4, 2015, 06:53 PM

4. What you *do* occasionally see...

... is the occasional praise of "noble hardworking working-class men".

That's the analogue of "body diversity" awareness campaigns; i.e. "Overweight women are worthwhile too! And so are working class men!"

Men objectify women in the same way women objectify men. The only difference are the object$ in que$tion.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread