HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » Teacher who told 4-year-o...

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 05:28 AM

Teacher who told 4-year-old that being left-handed was evil and sinister resigns

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/30/1426318/-Teacher-who-told-4-year-old-that-being-left-handed-was-evil-and-sinister-resigns

According to NewsChannel 4, the teacher who told 4-year-old Zayde that using one's left hand was evil, has resigned. Being a child abuser is not something you want in a pre-school teacher.

Friday, KFOR spoke with the family of a little girl who told them if she wrote with her left hand at school, she’d get “put in the corner.”

Alli said her teacher made her write with her right hand, even though she’s left-handed.

Good news and bad news here. The good news is that this "teacher" sounds like she's an equal-opportunity insane person and not a garden-variety racist insane person. The bad news is that she believes in a God that is too weak to protect children for being left-handed and therefore too weak to protect those children from the abuse of this shitty person.

6 replies, 1473 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Teacher who told 4-year-old that being left-handed was evil and sinister resigns (Original post)
eridani Oct 2015 OP
TexasProgresive Oct 2015 #1
Demeter Oct 2015 #2
sunnystarr Oct 2015 #3
phantom power Oct 2015 #4
1monster Oct 2015 #5
Bettie Oct 2015 #6

Response to eridani (Original post)

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 05:42 AM

1. Got to resign instead of being fired

I wonder if the teacher will get a glowing recommendation from this school for future jobs of abusing children.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 06:07 AM

2. Oklahoma is OK for getting this person away from children

good job!

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 07:26 AM

3. She resigned because

she discovered that she wasn't teaching in a Christian school. I'm sure she's found one now where it's OK to abuse wicked left-handed 4 year old's.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 07:51 AM

4. it's like the Enlightenment never happened for some people

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 08:29 AM

5. In an older period of time, sinister did mean "left." not "evil."

but that was a long, long time ago...

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 2, 2015, 09:58 AM

6. My great-grandmother

was convinced that my being left handed was a serious problem. She tried over and over to switch the crayon or pencil to the other hand, but it never took and finally, my grandmother asked her to just stop.

She stopped and never mentioned it again, but I still remember being in Kindergarten and being afraid to color at home because Gramma would be waiting to pounce on my crayon-holding deficiencies.

And still, I miss that cranky old lady. She died when I was 13 at the age of 97 and was one of the few positives of a really sucky childhood, even with her somewhat eccentric ideas.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread