HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » Online learning no substi...

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 04:25 AM

Online learning no substitute for in-person contact

It was Dec. 31, 2019.

Something was happening in China that most of us barely even noticed. Here in the U.S., we were really looking forward to an incredible 2020. The Olympics were to take place. We would have a significant presidential election. And seniors were excited to celebrate their last few months in high school.

However, in Wuhan, China, health authorities were treating numerous cases of “pneumonia.” Within days, it was discovered that there was an unfamiliar virus in which dozens of people had become very ill. Little did we know at that time that a pandemic was about to begin that would drastically alter the course of 2020.

March 6 was just a normal school day, though it was the day before spring break. Many were planning to take trips to destinations all over the world.

However, things in the country went downhill fast.

Read more: https://www.reporternews.com/story/opinion/columnists/2020/06/06/online-learning-no-substitute-person-contact/5277387002/
(Abilene Reporter-News)

3 replies, 1038 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Online learning no substitute for in-person contact (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jun 8 OP
chillfactor Jun 8 #1
B Stieg Jun 8 #2
whistler162 Jun 9 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 04:54 AM

1. sorry I have taught in classroom and online classes

I much prefer online classes...I meet students from all over the world.....they learn all about our country and I learn all about theirs. Public school teaching is a disaster...students are for the most part arrogant, snippy, and disrepectful. to their teachers. Sorry but I never get that disrespect from online students.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to chillfactor (Reply #1)

Mon Jun 8, 2020, 07:16 AM

2. How do you tell if you are engaging them?

(Just about to start my 2nd set of Zoom classes)

Reply to this post

Response to B Stieg (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 9, 2020, 07:24 PM

3. Also what age are they teaching?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread