HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » Teachers, Parents Outrage...

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 10:30 PM

Teachers, Parents Outraged At WH School Reopening Push; Teachers Ready #RedFor Ed Resurrection

https://democraticunderground.com/1016262567

(X-Post from 'Editorials' Section).

1 replies, 791 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Teachers, Parents Outraged At WH School Reopening Push; Teachers Ready #RedFor Ed Resurrection (Original post)
appalachiablue Jul 2020 OP
CRK7376 Sep 2020 #1

Response to appalachiablue (Original post)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:15 PM

1. We are 5 weeks into elearning and IT SUCKS!!!!!

Last spring was bad, this semester is worse, and our school system just cancelled our hotspots. I have lousy internet service from Windstream. Any time it rains or heavily overcast we loose connectivity, like today...System's rationale is we teachers can work from our classrooms or home, we are socially distanced and we do a health screening entering the building. As an older teacher and helping my wife care for her 96&93 year old parents is challenging enough, now we have to do it with masks and social distancing. My first observation of the year is next week, 1/3 of my class never shows up, few kids actively participate....It's absolute madness, a new learning platform was introduce over the summer with a 2 week training system that confused many of us more than it helped. Admin want us to be perfect, like a traditional classroom which is impossible. I'm working 2-3 times harder now than anytime in recent past with a classroom of junior and seniors....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread