HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » Students Of New York City...

Fri Dec 27, 2013, 07:57 AM

Students Of New York City Tell Their New Mayor How Standardized Testing Squashes The Learning Bug

I was never a good test-taker when I was a student. And when it came to standardized testing, I simply hated it. They were always boring, and it was impossible to get excited or all that creative about a test. But the school kept forcing us through hours of preparation nonetheless.

Well, some parents and students in New York City are taking a stand. Watch the message they have to say to their new mayor, Bill de Blasio.

1 replies, 1358 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Students Of New York City Tell Their New Mayor How Standardized Testing Squashes The Learning Bug (Original post)
eridani Dec 2013 OP
Smarmie Doofus Dec 2013 #1

Response to eridani (Original post)

Fri Dec 27, 2013, 08:39 AM

1. Will he pay attention, though? The buzz is that anti-testing former District Supt.....

... Carmen Farina was set to take over as schools chancellor but Obama and Duncan ( and other Gates proxies) along w. the charter lobby have been working furiously behind the scenes to get another know-nothing corporate puppet installed.

Let's hope its just buzz. We should know

any

day

now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread